Colloquia in Venice
Colloquia of the ERC - Early Modern Cosmology group on projects. These regular research meetings take place at the University Ca’ Foscari Venice, Malcanton Marcorà (Aula Valent) at 4:00 p.m.
- 2019, June 12th - Marco Storni, “Institutions and Politics in the Debate over the Shape of the Earth, 1666-1740”. h. 2:45-4:00 p.m.
- 2019, May 6th - Jacomien Prins, “Marsilio Ficino’s Timaeus Commentary: Musical Speculations of a Renaissance Interpreter”.
- 2019, April 15th - Gregorio Baldin, “Against Aristotle and Metaphysics: Paolo Sarpi’s Natural Philosophy”.
- 2019, March 20th - Rodolfo Garau, “Manuscript draft on the introduction to my book on the concept of conatus”. Discussant: Omar del Nonno
- 2019, February 4th - Francesca Putignano, “Feminist Standpoint Theory: an Overview of Historical Roots and Epistemological Issues”. Discussant: Sascha Freyberg
- 2019, January 16th - Matteo Fornasier, “Echoes of Renaissance Thought in Academic Medicine and Botany in Paris (XVI-XVII centuries)” Discussant: Rodolfo Garau
- 2018, December 19th - Omar Del Nonno, “The behaviour of the free man in the Ethics and the Tractatus politicus”. Discussant, Gregorio Baldin.
- 2018, December 5th - Sascha Freyberg, “Ethico-political Consequences of Cosmology: Edgar Wind on Kant‘s Antinomies”. Discussant: Omar Del Nonno.
- 2018, November 22nd - Jacomien Prins, “Marin Mersenne: Harmonist at the Heart of the Scientific Revolution”. Discussant: Darrel Rutkin.
- 2018, October 17th – Gregorio Baldin, “Temporal power, spiritual power and potestà de’ prencipi: Politics and political theology in Sarpi and Hobbes”. Discussant: Rodolfo Garau
- 2018, October 3rd - Darrel Rutkin, “What Makes Early Modern Cosmology ‘Early Modern’?: Reflections on and a Suggestion for a Historical Periodization Scheme”. Discussant: Pietro Omodeo.
- 2018, September 26th - Pietro Omodeo, “Political Epistemology of Early Modern Cosmology.”