Special collections Languages and Cultures Library (BALI)
Library of American, Iberic and Slavic Studies
- Marzaduri Collection (145 Russian avant-garde pamphlets published in Russia, Germany and France in the 1930s)
- Meregalli Collection (approximately 2,000 Spanish-language volumes on the history and literature of the Iberian Peninsula)
- Russian Emigration Collection (320 Russian-language volumes on the life and work of Russian cultural migrants in the 20th century)
- Bou Collection (around 2,000 volumes dealing mainly with Catalan culture)
- ASSM Collection – Archivio Scritture Scrittrici Migranti (Archive on the Writings of Migrant Women Writers): around 600 volumes, as part of a project that collects and promotes documentation on the memory of migrant women.
Language Sciences Library
The library has a collection of texts on Dutch language and linguistics (Dutch, Flemish and Afrikaans, donation in memory of Rita Diana Snel Trampus) and Ladin language and linguistics (Ulrike Kindl donation).
The Sign Language collection is particularly important, which consists of both volumes in the library and online resources.
Library of Eurasian Studies
- Bruna Efrikian donation (190 volumes in the Armenian language, mostly published in Venice in 1800)
- Magarotto donation (576 volumes in Georgian language plus several issues of 4 Caucasian journals)
- Bonebakker donation (8,000 volumes, many in Arabic).
Library of European and Postcolonial Studies
- Kuby Collection (332 volumes covering the history of Third Reich Germany, the Holocaust, the invasion of Poland, and the Italian history of fascism).
|Kuby Collection [ITA]||19.36 K|
Library of East Asian Studies
- Paola Cagnoni donation (322 monographs, mostly on Japanese theatre, of which 193 in Japanese)
- Francesco Gatti donation (1,159 monographs, of which approximately 420 in Japanese)
- Giuliano Guerrini donation (212 monographs on Chinese language and culture)
Last update: 13/09/2023