Trials and new electronic resources
The SBA favors the purchase of resources in electronic format in order to offer its users assets that are updated, scientifically authoritative and always accessible remotely, in line with the University's sustainability policy.
To ensure what it offers is relevant, the SBA carries out trials during which university members have access to new online resources.
Covid-19: open or free access to online resources
To facilitate as far as possible access to information and research and teaching activities during this health emergency, some publishers have made available resources and tools for free that are usually only available via paid subscription. These are added to the University's electronic resources and open access resources.
Most of these resources can also be found from the cerCa’ portal.
Apart from certain platforms to which you can connect freely, in order to consult these resources from home, you need to connect to the University network by following the instructions on the page Remote access to electronic resources.
List of the main initiatives
To request information and send comments and feedback on the resources under trial, write to email@example.com.
- Moazine - Korean Magazine Database: until 31 October 2020 a trial is available for this fulltext database of Korean magazines relating to the humanities and social sciences (arts and entertainment, culture, education, politics, economics and society). You can consult the list of available titles and a presentation of the database.
- Artstor: until 31 December 2020 a trial is available for this database which provides access to about 300 collections and 3 million high-definition images relating to art, architecture, humanities and sciences from museums, archives photographers, photographers, researchers and artists. To use advanced features, you need to register by creating a personal account on the platform. For more information on the collections you can consult this page: About Artstor.
These resources are accessible on the University network.
List of the most recent acquisitions:
- JoVE Science Education: SBA has recently subscribed the Science education section of JoVE, an online magazine that combines scientific studies and videos, particularly useful for online teaching in this period of health emergency. The following parts are accessible: JoVE Chemistry, JoVE Lab Chemistry, JoVE Environmental Sciences, Basic Biology
- A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese Online: a new Brill resource for studying the Chinese language and civilization is available on the University network from the database page. It is a Chinese - English dictionary with over 8000 characters relating to the lexicon of the Chinese language of the classical and medieval period (500 BC-1000 AD)
- Rivisteweb: we have subscribed for access to 25 magazines from this collection. They are Italian magazines relating to the field of human and social sciences by the publishers Il Mulino and Carocci, which can be consulted online on the University network from cerCa’, from the catalogue of electronic periodicals and from the databases page
Last update: 18/09/2020