- San Giobbe
30121 Venice, Italy
- Giacomo Pasini (Director)
- Alberto Urbani (Vice Director)
- Paolo Pellizzari (Department’s Delegate for Teaching)
- Mario Padula (Department’s Delegate for Research)
- Agar Brugiavini
- Stefano Campostrini
- Roberto Casarin
- Danilo Cavapozzi
- Margherita Gerolimetto
- Maria Cristina Molinari
- Stefano Soriani
Department Executive Officer
- Accessibility, Disability, Inclusion and Gender Equality - Michele Marzulli
- Communications - Valeria Maggian
- Entrance Exams and additional learning requirements in mathematics - Silvia Faggian
- Erasmus - Roberto Casarin
- Internationalization/EUTOPIA - Stefano Battiston
- IT Infrastructure - Stefano Federico Tonellato
- Job Placement - Giancarlo Corò
- Language Training - Francesca Parpinel
- Orientation and Tutoring - Alessandra Zanardo
- Quality Assurance - Danilo Cavapozzi
- Relations with Professional Associations - Gianluca Sicchiero
- Relations with Treviso Campus - Monica Billio
- Research - Mario Padula
- Sustainability - Carlo Giupponi
- Teacher Training - Paola Ferretti
- Teacher Training for High School - Silvia Bozza
- Teaching - Paolo Pellizzari
- Teambuilding and ECOTOPIA - Enrica Croda
- Third Mission Activities - Margherita Gerolimetto
Joint Teaching Affairs Committee
Work with us
The Department hires the best talents through the calls for Faculty [ITA]. Foreign candidates benefit from facilitations and preferential criteria are laid down for candidates with international experience.
Short-term research fellowships allow Master’s Degree graduates to pursue short-term research (less than 12 months normally) including them in existing projects and research groups.
Through direct selection for temporary advisors [ITA] candidates can collaborate with Ca' Foscari University of Venice as experts with proven expertise and specialization. Applications are examined by a specific commission on the basis of the education, the resume and/or through an interview.
The calls for applications for tutors [ITA] are aimed at students enroled in Master's or PhD Degree programmes and at international incoming students. Tutors support educational activities with courses, seminars, workshops, orientation for the study plan and the final paper, and welcome and assist international students.
The degree programmes of the Department of Economics of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice - founded as a Business school in 1868, the second ever established in Europe after Antwerp - are conceived and updated on a yearly basis to prepare its 3,000 students to evolve in a changing economic scenario around the world in the private and public sector as well as in institutions, international organizations and NGOs.
The Department offers, among others, Bachelor, Master and PhD courses taught entirely in english. Internships abroad, more than 40 Erasmus+ destinations, partnerships, double and joint degrees with some of the most important international universities in and outside Europe contribute to the international dimension that has always characterized Ca' Foscari.
The Department of Economics covers the whole spectrum of economic and financial, statistic and mathematic fields, and many aspects of legal, international, social, touristic, environmental and climatic fields.
In compliance with the Covid-19 prevention measures issued by the Italian Government, all study rooms will remain closed for now. Faculty office hours and front office appointments will be carried out remotely.
- Communal areas and Faculty offices c/o San Giobbe: from Monday to Friday 8.00 am - 7.30 pm, Saturday 8.00 am - 2.00 pm
- Administration and Accounting firstname.lastname@example.org: from Monday to Friday 10am - 1pm
- Educational Programmes email@example.com: from Monday to Friday 10am - 1pm
- Research firstname.lastname@example.org: from Monday to Friday 10am - 1pm
- VERA Centre email@example.com: from Monday to Friday 10am - 1pm
- Events & Communication Service firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com: from Monday to Friday 10am - 1pm
- IT services firstname.lastname@example.org: from Monday to Friday 10am - 1pm
Since 2010 Ca’ Foscari commits to sustainability through the programme Sustainable Ca' Foscari and in September 2014 the Sustainable Campus project was launched to promote and develop sustainable actions and projects in all the university seats.
Among the many initiatives and events, the Department of Economics promotes the Bookcrossing initiative in San Giobbe economic campus with a fix stand where anyone can give and take books free of charge, participating to a virtuous circle based on re-use of resources and knowledge sharing.
Furthermore, students can acquire Sustainability Competencies: voluntary based activities dedicated to economic, social or environmental sustainability. The student must discuss with the contact professor of the involved Department to identify an activity, such as courses, workshops, interviews, research..., and the nature of its final proposal. Once the activity carried out and the final proposal approved, the teacher will register 1 extracurrricular ECTS in the student’s plan of study.
School of Economics, Languages and Entrepreneurship
The Department of Economics takes part in the interdepartmental School of Economics, Languages and Entrepreneurship (SELE) in Treviso, which enhances and develops advanced skills in economics, management, languages and culture in the areas of businesses, markets, national and international relations and interlinguistic and intercultural relationships.