Education and VERA Academy
The VERA Centre is also a place of advanced training in economics, econometrics and finance as well as for the implementation of experimental research. Thanks to the synergies with the Ph.D. Programmes in Economics and in Science and Management of Climate Change, the Professional Masters in Analysis and Evaluation of Public Policies [ITA] and International Master in Economics and Finance, and the Master's Degree Programmes in Economics and Finance and Global Development and Entrepreneurship, the education and research activities of the Centre will guarantee the development of professional expertise and leadership skills.
The VERA initiative for supporting training programmes for students and researchers includes:
- supporting students of Master's Degree Courses and Professional master programmes through internship grants for activities of research assistance (VERA Academy);
- strengthening the Ph.D. Programme in Economics financing 2 grants;
- organizing a Summer School involving academics and researchers of international reputation;
- research fellowships supporting the Chair of Excellence;
- developing innovative training activities involving also projects’ partners.
VERA Academy Internship Grants
VERA Academy is the advanced training programme that gives talented students, of Master's Degree Courses of the Department of Economics, the opportunity to work with the researchers of the VERA Centre on their ongoing research projects.
The Centre offers internship grants for activities of research assistance in order to foster the development of professional and research skills useful for their orientation and subsequent integration into the labor market. This activity may be useful also for developing the Master degree thesis.
3rd edition - January-June 2020
Number of internship grants: 12
Maximum duration of the internship: 4 months
Total funding for each internship: € 1.843,31 (gross salary)
Deadline: December 9th 2019 - 12:00 pm
The project for the department of excellence supports 4 years Ph.D. scholarships dedicated to specific research topics of the VERA research Center.